Saturday, September 7, 2013

Mighty Fine Blues

Just took this. Nothing makes me more happy than the light around the time of the equinox. The fog cleared this morning about 11am and it has been mild and clear and gorgeous ever since.

Last week I listened to Faithful Place by Tana French in audio format and now after hours of this lower class Irish accent it is stuck in my head. What a brilliant book this is! Just remarkable. I'm curious if you have been to Dublin what you'd think of it. It seems to me based on descriptions I have heard that she has nailed the joys and the brutal cost of growing up there.

French says in one interview I read that the next book in the series, #5 will follow the young Holly five years later. I still have #4 to listen to. Nice to have them both to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment