Thursday, March 21, 2013

I was looking at this photo today and thinking why didn't I put this up last Sunday for St. Patrick's Day. I don't have any traditions for that day and this year I even forgot to wear green but I was aware of the day.

Today I listened to this wonderful Tiny Desk Concert. Hang in there because the third song is just beautiful. And who can resist the Obama Reel?

I have been eating more fruit lately and I have been taking the seeds out of my golden delicious apples and throwing them out for the birds. 

Last night as I was falling asleep I listened to the How Stuff Works History podcast about Johnny Appleseed. The real guy. They talk about how planting an apple seed from a particular apple will not produce a tree of that same variety. The seed is a cross of the tree the fruit was grown on and the variety that was the cross pollinator. I was groggy and the podcast was so interesting I listened to it again today. Who knew? I ended up thinking about the old orchard up on Powell Butte.

I am taking a comp day off work tomorrow and am very happy about having a luxurious three day weekend. Even if I do have homework and taxes to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment