Monday, December 10, 2012

Moving Day (virtually of course)

So I am considering moving my diary posts over here. I'll miss the OD community very much but clearly with this latest outage it is time to make a change.

Everything is good here at Chez Noko. The cats have been more active today because I have been home and slightly frazzled by work but no throwing up by anyone and everybody is sleeping now.

I wasn't as tired as I have been in the past from my 20 hour hour weekend yoga teacher training extravaganza but that doesn't mean I am not tired. Just not as. That is nice. One more full weekend to go in early January and then possibly some private class time in reasonable 1 and 1/2 chunks and a bunch of homework, but I am very much on the home stretch. Knowing that feels great!

My big excitement tonight is a provisioning trip to the grocery and drawing up my yoga class for Wednesday. I am teaching a seated twist called Half Lord of the Fishes.

I wonder if the rest of the lord is Half Lord of the Birds or something?

Totally unrelated Olga actually taught us a practice that culminated in this pose yesterday. It is not easy because it is seated and one's frame is fixed by the arm on the ground and the lever of the other arm keeping the knee is place and one benefits from a set of preparation poses. And of course compensation afterwards.

Last week in my class we worked on our shoulders and necks so I thought this would be a nice add on because it not only helps realign the pelvis and the shoulders it is good for digestion.

Something we all need with holiday parties going on everywhere.

There is a method to my madness.

1 comment:

  1. This seems to work - well. Congrats for planning ahead.

    ReplyDelete