Thursday, December 27, 2012

We had some partial clearing and while it is damp and cold out we didn't have any significant rain today. I am holding out for some of these bright clear winter skies to help the adjustment back towards more normal days and less indulgent eating.

Speaking of eating, Stella ate about half of the first can of the fancy hypo-allergetic cat food and about a fourth of the second and now just walks away from it. The good news is that the cats both like the special dry food. Sammy surprised me by stealing the little bit I put out for Stella. It has been a week now and I have been giving them a mix of the food they are used to and this.

I'll see if tomorrow I can start them on this dry food full time and see what I can do about increasing the quality of their wet food. I am going to try some of the tricks here in this article on making cat food from scratch. I can take the wet food back if they won't eat it but if I can get Sam to at least try it, well that would be awesome. So far no go.

Parmesan!I can do that. I have a bag of shredded Parmesan in my fridge. In the meantime the meds are kicking in and other than being ravenously hungry all the time they are both not scratching and licking for the first time in about three months.

Ah, the exciting life of the pet owner with older cats.

I need to go to a movie or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment