Friday, December 14, 2012

This was in Salem on a walk with Kes and Most Honorable this time last year. I'll be down there again this weekend to see the kittens. Based on the weather reports it sounds like it might rain all weekend so the only pictures I'll probably get are indoors.

Speaking of which, I am going to see if Most Honorable can take a picture of me that I can stand to use for various job hunting type social media sites. This is all about deep acceptance and letting go. Unlike so many people I know, I struggle with having my picture taken.

Yesterday was our annual Employee Appreciation event at The Kennedy School and I was truly a stranger in a strange land. The folks I work with currently are not of my tribe and I feel a bit like a duck out of water looks. Not graceful. The circumstances do not bring out the best in me. I have become one of those unhappy at work folks that I was so sad to see when I started there over 5 years ago. The message is very clear that I am not where I need to be.

But still, a job is a job, and I am grateful for mine.

Sammy once again had a bad night last night. He didn't throw up but well, he was not a happy camper digestively. It has to be the food. The wet food. I think there must be a quality control issue.

I stayed up late last night listening to a mish mash of NPR book reviews on Stitcher. I heard a review of a new book about Edwin Land called Instant that sounds interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment