Sunday, January 20, 2013

We had sun up here today but many side streets remain icy because of the 100% humidity and no wind.

Even in terms of my vacation so far I have been remarkably lazy today.

I watched a wonderful and sometimes difficult documentary from six years ago on American Masters about the choreographer Bill T. Jones and his piece on Lincoln. I've seen Jones dance a number of times and have often had mixed feelings about his insistence on picking subjects that are huge and complicated and often sad. But still it was a fascinating look at him and his work.

Last night I finished reading The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg (in translation). Today I am listening to the section on Autism in Far From the Tree in audio book format.

My first link today is about a place one can go in the U.S. in winter to see Great Gray Owls. Wow.

I made it out to the grocery and practiced some yoga but that is it.

The weekends are often what I call "The Isolation Chamber" for me as a person on her own. Yesterday with the family was an exception to that rule and sustains me through the quiet today. I renewed my membership at the art museum and made it a dual membership so I can take Most Honorable to the Bike exhibit this summer for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment